Thursday, January 31, 2008

Myles Ogea





While trying to find pictuers for my blog I came across several articals about the MT Cup. One article was from the Alumnus Magazine on the Ball State website. The article "Drinking from the Cup of Life" was written by Laurel Peffer. It is basically an interview with him. This is what I've discovered.




Record # 1. Myles Ogea opened the MT Cup in 1994. He opened it after recieving his Masters Degree in '94.


Response # 1. I was suprised it had been created in '94. Nor did I realize it was created by a Ball State Alumni.



Record # 2. He decided to create the MT Cup for several reasons. For one reason "he found no good breakfast resturants in the area" and figured the next thing he should do is make one. He also made it because of his love for "good food, arts, and Ball State"


Response # 2. On campus, there really isn't much for breakfast. I like that he mixed all the things he liked to make a good business.



Record # 3. He also opened a Martini bar, Motinis, which is located just avove the MT Cup. Motinis has a music lounge.


Response# 3. I am little worried that the music scene will only be upstairs. That might make it difficult to observe since it's a bar and I am 19. But it seems like he has done alot in the Ball State community and knows not everyone is able to drink so maybe it wont be that way.



Record # 4. He also believes that being a music/voice major and believes "being a music major helped me in this buisness."


Response # 4. I think it is cool that he was able to connect his major and business to create such a unique business.


The interview refrenced to was written by Laurel Peffer from the Alumni Association. the article was found on the Ball State Web site:

No comments: