Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Visit

I went into the Mt Cup today and it was very successful. Not only did I get the questions I wanted to know answered, I got pictures and new information.

I went in and the place was packed. This was at 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. So now I know when is a good time to go and talk to people for interviews. That's one down.

The other was when are they going to have a performer. Unfortunatly they said they don't have any bookings because of the weather. Teri, the girl I spoke to who was working there, said she hoped to have people to perform in March. She also said that every thursday at 9:00 PM was jazz night. She said that was in Motinis, but I knew it would be already.She also gave me her name and number so I can call to see when performances would be or for anything else.

I decided to hold off on the favorites question until interview times.

She also gave me the name of the other manager and told me when they would be in.

When I asked if I could take pictures I was a little suprised to hear that I could, but not of everything. Outside was fine. Inside, I could not take pictures of the antique coffee holders. I was a little bummed about that because I thought it was the coolest thing in there. I couldn't take a picture of the main counter either. So the room where the cooking was done was greatly limited. I got a picture of the menu though. I also had to get permission to take people's pictures. Since it was packed I didn't take that many but thought it might be a good idea to get some people in. So I took 2 shots with people in it. For the most part everyone I spoke to was really nice. Some didn't want to be bothered but said they would do it. So that was nice.

I took a few pictures of what I could of the spots taht didn't have people in it. After that I decided to leave and go talk to Starbucks for my essay. I will try to take pictures there too so I can visually point out the diffrences even though I can name a few already.

Something I found very intresting from this visit was Teri said "Myles doesn't want photos taken of this wall..." So I am assuming he is still apart of the Mt Cup. I just found that intresting.

I plan to get my pictures up soon and I will put my aweful map up. Mostly for amusement. No, I figure I need to now since I couldn't really take picutes of the rooms as a whole without getting someone I didn't ask or the two things they didn't want me to take a picture of.

This makes it much easier to come up with interview questions now. I have much more than I thought I would and need to write them down. I also need to organize my findings in my note book. Lots to do from a fifteen minute visit.

No comments: